文章来源：bbin信誉网站商务英语 上传时间：2020-04-23 浏览次数：次
Various Ways of Expression in Price Haggling
1. When trying to impress the seller for a not too high price, the buyer may say such expressions as:
· I’m prepared to place your textile goods in our market.
· I have planned to push the sales of your textiles in our market.
· I am going to carry out a sound marketing policy to push your textile goods.
· Would you give me an indication of price?
2. When encouraging the buyer to place an order，the seller may say such expressions as:
· May I know what particular items you are interested in?
· Which item do you think might find a ready market at your end？
· Please have a careful look at the catalogue and see what interests your end-users.
· Would you tell me what items you are keen on?
3. When expressing an intention of buying, the buyer may say such expressions as:
· We have great interest in…
· We are very much keen on …
· These goods are interesting to us.
4. When the buyer has basically accepted the price we may hear such expressions as:
· I’ll call back to my store and see whether a trial order is possible.
· I’ll call back to my store and see what they gonna say.
5. When the seller has basically accepted the counter-offer, we may hear such expressions as:
· I’m not rushing you into making a quick decision.
· I’m not pressing you for an early reply.
6. When tactically encouraging the buyer to sign a contract, we may hear such expressions as:
· Our offer is valid/open/firm for three days.
· Our price remains valid from to until the 10th of May 2019
Dialogue: Talking about Price
Seller: Mr.Robert, You have seen all our samples. What do you think about them?
Buyer: Not bad, I should say. I have an exceptionally deep impression of your local artistic image, which reflects a mysterious imagination of the oriental culture. You may rest assured that I’m prepared to order a much larger quantity this time. And for a large order, you will no doubt generously grant me an attractive low price, am I right?
Seller: A lower price? No problem. You must be well aware that our price for you is much lower than that for other buyers.
Buyer: Is it possible that you say the same thing to other buyers, too?
Seller: Of course no.
Buyer: Just joking, don’t take it too much to heart. I know you’ve always been cooperative to us. I hope you will be even nicer to us this time. I’m all ears. Try not to disappoint me.
Seller: All right. The price for Art 5, 8, 13 and 18 remain unchanged as before. The price for Art 7, 9 and 17 will be USD12, 15 and 15.7 respectively. How do you like it?
好吧。5、8、13、18号货维持原价不变。7、9、17号货分别为 12、15 和 15.7美元，您觉得怎么样？
Buyer: Thank you. But wait a minute. We need some time for calculation.
Excuse me, friend, we find all your prices are much higher than our expectation. You know our orders are for a much larger quantity.
Seller: May I ask what your idea is of a much larger quantity?
Buyer: Say, 1000 pieces for each article.
Seller: You can hardly call them a large quantity, can you?
Buyer: Perhaps not, but they are still orders of some size. I am sure you certainly appreciate our sincere cooperation and timely payment.
Seller: We do appreciate your sincerity in doing business. May I know your idea of an ideal price?
Buyer: The prices you offered are on the whole somewhat reasonable, but owing to the declining market in our country, it is really too hard for us to accept. The best we can do is USD10, 11.5, 12 and 14 for Art 5, 8, 13, 18 and for Art 7, 9 and 17 USD10.5, 13.5 and 14.5 respectively.
你们所报的价大体上还算合理，但由于我们的市场眼下很不好，我们还是无法承受。我们的最高出价是5、 8、 13、 18号货分别为 10、11.5、12、 14美元，7、9、17号货分别为10.5、13.5、 14.5美元。
Seller: I’m afraid that’s quite impossible. This will deprive us of all the profits.
Buyer: I think you are well informed about the market. Do you know what a Japanese seller’s price is like? They are much lower than yours.
Seller: But you’ve finally come to us. Does it mean price can’t be taken separately from quality? It’s the excellent quality that makes it worth the difference in price.
Buyer: I agree that yours are of better quality. But can you see your way to bring it down a little bit?
Seller: No, I’m sorry. This is our rock-bottom price and it is in fact more advantageous than others. If you find it unworkable, we have no other choice but to call the deal off.
Buyer: It seems there is nothing else I can do but take you up.
Seller: Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.